This is my 100th post! And apparently it is the tradition in blogville to make the 100th post to be 100 things about yourself. So, being so traditional and all (LOL), I'm going with it. I'm not all that exciting, so I don't know if I can actually come up with 100 things, but I'll try. These are just random facts.
1. I was born in Georgia.
2. Shortly after I was born, we moved to San Fransisco, CA, where my Dad was stationed in the Navy. We lived there 2 years.
3. I've lived in Georgia the rest of my life.
4. I can't imagine living anywhere else.
5. Except maybe Colorado.
6. Or the beach - anywhere!
7. When I was little, I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up.
8. But mostly I wanted to be a wife and mom.
9. I am a wife and mom.
10. And I am a teacher - we homeschool.
11. I got married at 19. I was one month from being 20.
12. I became a mom at 21 - one month from being 22.
14. I gave birth to a preemie at 24 weeks gestation. He weighed 2 pounds, 2 ounces. He's about to turn 13. And you'd never know he was a preemie.
15. I miscarried at least 3 times between the birth of my two children.
16. I became a mom the second time at 32. She was one ounce shy of 10 pounds. No, I did not have a c-section.
17. I will be married to the love of my life for 15 years on the 30th of this month.
18. We bought our house (closed on it) 1 week before our wedding.
19. We have lived in the same house all this time.
20. I love where we live, but would love to have a bigger house.
21. I really want a scrapbook room.
22. I LOVE to scrapbook and make cards and other paper crafts.
23. I would do it everyday if I could.
24. But sometimes I have to clean house.
25. I love to have a clean house.
26. But I don't always love cleaning it.
27. I watch a LOT of TV. - Too much, I'm sure.
28. And I spend a lot of time on the computer.
29. My house would probably be sparkly if I didn't have a TV or a computer.
30. But I'd be a little bored. I like my internet friends, and my mindless entertainment.
31. I love to sing. And I directed a children's choir of 150-200 kids until Ruthi was born. But I don't think I can sing well at all.
32. I also love to dance, but can't do it well either.
33. I used to be painfully shy.
34. Most people don't believe that now. But I have witnesses!35. I still have times when I'm shy - but not like when I was younger.
36. I love animals.
37. If I could, I'd live in a farm with LOTS and LOTS of animals of all kinds.
38. But only if I could pay someone to clean up after them.
39. I only want play with them and love on them.
40. I love to eat. I mean REALLY. It could be a hobby. I love to savor everything that goes into my mouth.
41. But I'm trying to eat less so I can be healthier.
42. I hate having my picture made, because I'm unhappy with the way I look.
43. I don't want to be like that, so I'm trying to change it.
44. I love to go camping - tent camping. But only when it's cool during the day and cool/cold at night.
45. I hate to be hot.
46. I don't care for most sports, because they require me to be outside in the heat.
47. I don't do well outside in the heat.
48. Unless I'm at the beach.
49. Or at least at a pool.
50. I love the water!
51. I love to roller and ice skate.
52. Sadly, I don't know if I'll be able to do those things again.
53. I broke my ankle a couple years ago and it still bothers me enough that skating would be difficult.
54. I broke my elbow when I fell while roller skating.
55. A week later we went tent camping - I was in a soft cast.
56. A week after that I had a wedding cake to do. Good thing it was my left arm!
57. I broke my right arm before I went into the second grade. I jumped out of a swing and landed wrong.
58. I miss being a kid - the part where I didn't have much responsibility. Too bad I didn't know to enjoy it then!
59. But I love being a wife and mom, and wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!
60. Being a mom is the hardest, but most wonderful job I've ever had.
61. All my other jobs, I only liked for a little while and then got tired of them.
62. I don't think I'll ever be tired of being a mom!
63. My kids give me lots of things to scrapbook.
64. I don't think I'll ever actually be caught up on their books.
65. I don't think I'll ever get tired of scrapbooking.
66. Hopefully soon, I can actually make some money with this hobby that I love!
67. I am so glad I have internet access and have discovered message boards and blogging.
68. It allows me to have adult conversations!
69. I probably talk to people on the internet than I do "real life" people.
70. I have made lots of friends, some whom I've been able to meet in person!
71. I love to cook.
72. But I don't always like to clean up.
73. I love to bake too.
74. I baked and decorated cakes for a "living" for 14 years.
75. I still do cakes occasionally, but not really for profit anymore.
76. Wedding cakes became too stressful.
77. Part of that time, I worked in bakeries, but I most of the years I did it from home.
78. I love to make baked goods for family at Christmas time.
79. I also catered for a while.
80. I love to throw parties, showers and such, where I can make fancy little foods.
81. I have little to no fashion sense.
82. My hubby picks out my clothes.
83. He takes me shopping and picks everything out.
84. If it weren't for him, I'd probably still be wearing clothes from the 80's.
85. I am very thankful he's good at picking things out.
86. He likes to shop more than I do.
87. I like being at home.
88. Sometimes I'll go a week without leaving my house.
89. But I love to go places too. But not for very long.
90. We usually take short vacations, cuz we get homesick.
91. I could stay gone longer as long as I have internet access!
92. Someday I want a beach house. I love the beach!
93. And I want a mountain house. I love the mountains!
94. I'd like to learn to snow ski and water ski. And hopefully not break any bones.
95. I've only been out of the country once. I was 2. I don't remember it.
96. I'd like to travel to all 50 states.
97. And I'd love to travel to several countries.
98. I am a horrible procrastinator. - But often I work well under pressure.
99. But I didn't procrastinate on this. I typed it before my 100th post so it would be ready to go!
100. My dream job besides being a mom is selling my handmade crafts. I'm half way there!
Wow - that was harder than I thought it would be. Congratulations if you made it through the list, but I don't blame you if you didn't. Told you it wouldn't be that exciting!
I'm glad that's over and I won't have to do that again!